Friday, July 19, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Belong

Sorry I haven't done Five Minute Friday in a while... about a month. But here's one! Today's word is Belong.

GO

I don't have my own words today, because all I can think of is this song by Switchfoot and what it means to not belong to this world.

It was a beautiful letdown when I crashed and burned,
when I found myself alone, unknown, and hurt.
It was a beautiful letdown the day I knew
that all the riches this world had to offer me would never do.
 In a world full of bitter pain and bitter doubts
I was trying so hard to fit in, until I found out
that I don't belong here.
I don't belong here.
I will carry a cross and a song where I don't belong.
I don't belong here.
I'm gonna set sight and set sail for the kingdom come,
Your kingdom come.
We are a beautiful letdown, painfully uncool,
the church of the dropouts and losers and sinners and failures and fools.
Let us sing one true tune -
I don't belong here.


For more posts on Belong, click here. To find out what Five Minute Friday is, how it got started, and how you can join in, click on the button! Hope you have a great weekend!
Five Minute Friday

7 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful song! As soon as I finish this comment, I want to go listen to it. Funny, when I first read this week's prompt, all I could think of were song lyrics, too. Maybe we should make a "Belong" Playlist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'll go check out your post, I'm curious what lyrics you thought of :) Thanks so much for stopping by! And yes, hope you listened to this song, it's so good!

      Delete
    2. I thought of song lyrics but didn't write about them. I was thinking of "I'm going home to the place where I belong" from Chris Daughtry's "I'm Going Home" and "Home" by Phillip Phillips and "Home" from The Wiz and another "This is Home" by Switchfoot from the Prince Caspian soundtrack. Apparently "being" and "home" are mixed up together in my brain.

      Delete
    3. LOVE that Daughtry song and love This is Home by Switchfoot :) Actually used that song in another one of my Five Minute Fridays, about home!

      Delete
  2. Very nice. I can think of a Belong that pertains to you, Sarah. You BELONG to a great crew who love you very much! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete