Saturday, June 23, 2012

Heartless

I just read this incredible fantasy novel by Anne Elisabeth Stengl. Heartless is the first book in her Tales of Goldstone Wood series. I have read some great fantasies, but this one was so original!! Yes, it's got a princess. Yes, it's got daring and handsome princes. Yes, it's got dragons. Yes, there are mysterious woods, enchanted gardens, and foreign lands. Yes, there are fairies and other magical creatures. But not necessarily the way you'd imagine them. Plus you've got a jester and a blind cat. With lots of mystery and magic, some fun and quirky characters, and plenty of dark and scary ones, I say this is one of the best fantasies I have ever read. And I can't wait to continue reading the tales of Goldstone.


You can visit Anne Elisabeth Stengl's blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment