Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Walks Alone

This is one of the best and most fascinating novels I've read in a long time. Walks Alone, by Sandi Rog, is about a young woman from Holland who is kidnapped by Indians while traveling from New York to Denver City. Her captor, White Eagle, is half French, but he looks and acts like the rest of the tribe. Anna's father had told her stories about the Indians he'd met years ago, so she is curious to know more about them. But at the same time she is terrified and furious that they've kidnapped her. 

Thus begins this exciting and suspenseful tale of mistrust, lost faith, broken relationships, and war between the Cheyenne and white men, while Anna tries to find her way to Denver City and her dream.

This is the first book I've ever read in e-format, and I am so glad I had it downloaded on my phone, because I could not put it down! Riding in the car, waiting at a friends' house, sitting by the pool... I read it everywhere! And I highly suggest you do the same.

You can check out Sandi Rog's blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment