Friday, April 12, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Here

Friday is when a brave bunch decides to write for five minutes on the same topic and then share our thoughts over on Lisa-Jo Baker's blog. It's fun, and there's no right way to do it. Just write! Today's word is Here.

GO

Right here is where I'm living, learning, growing. Right here is where I sleep and eat and clean. Here is where my husband and I have been building a life for almost four years and where we've had our share of ups and downs. Here is where my belongings are, here is where I park my car (when I have one). Here is where I entertain friends and family in a little room that we use for a living room, game room, party room AND my "office". Here is where I play with our dog. Here is where I attempt to cook. Here is where I read and pray and worry and laugh. Here is where I love.

You know that saying "home is where the heart is"? The here is where my family is, where my heart is, where I am for now. I won't always be here, nor do I want to be, but it's here for now.

Still here, staggering on
Through the impossible we remain 
I can breathe one more day
Still here, still fighting on
All we have is today
Find my way
To the beauty of one more day
Still here
- Still Here by Superchick

Go here for more posts on Here, and click the button below to find out how Five Minute Friday started and how you can join in!
Five Minute Friday

6 comments:

  1. Glad I stopped by from Five Minute Friday :) your blog is so homey and wonderful and your post tonight is ... well ... "my thoughts exactly"

    Looking forward to reading more of your writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much! You're so nice :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. You have a very poetic soul, Sarah....nice job. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie :) I've never heard anyone say that before <3

      Delete