Monday, April 22, 2013

God's Perfect Timing

Okay, I have posted before about waiting on God's timing. It's true, He has everything planned out for us and knows so much better than we do when those things should happen, or even if they should happen at all!

But did you ever think about all those times He helped you do something just in time? Or gave you that thing you needed right at the last minute?

God's timing is ALWAYS perfect, so it makes sense that He would help us with the little things and the now things, as well as the maybe/later things.

I have been noticing this SO much lately. God is amazing. And he literally saves me every day. Last Monday, dreaded tax day, I went online to file my local taxes. I had put those off thinking they're so easy... but when I went to pay with my credit card there was an error and it turned out I would have to mail it!! This was at 4:50 and the post office closes at 5:00. I scrambled to find the address, write a check, address and stamp the envelope, and got to the post office ONE minute before they closed. Amazing!

About thirty minutes ago I realized that my car insurance bill is due today. We have it set up to automatically take the payment out of our checking account because we get a discount for having it that way. But you have the option of moving your due date to within ten days if you really need to. Anyway, God allowed me to be reminded of this just a little while ago, and I freaked out a little in my head and called customer service, not even knowing if they were open all night... And they answered at 12:18 am and changed my due date for me in less than a minute. No problem at all. Thank God!

So sometimes He lets it go the very last minute, but then He reminds you, gets you there in time, and it is just awesome. Those were just two examples, but I had so many more experiences like that just this week!

This is what the Lord says: "In the time of my favor, I will answer you, and in the day of salvation I will help you." (Isaiah 49:8)

He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority." (Acts 1:7)

Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. (Hebrews 4:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment