Saturday, March 30, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Broken

Yeah, yeah, so I missed Five Minute Friday and am posting this on Saturday. That's 
okay :) Today's word is Broken.

GO

So I read the word and had no clue what to write. What's broken? I looked it up at dictionary.com - reduced to fragments, ruptured, torn, fractured, not functioning properly, out of working order... Sounds painful. 

I think of broken things - a mirror, that cute ceramic night light shaped like dolphins but most of the tails and fins have fallen off, the heart of that woman who's husband said he no longer loved her. The first two, annoying. That last one, terrible.

How varying the results of brokenness can be! I read other ladies' posts hoping to gain inspiration for my own. Not sure if that's "cheating" or not, but I did it. And something that stood out to me is how God takes our broken pieces and makes something new and wonderful out of them. But I'll let the ones that thought of that keep the claim on that idea.

I tried racking my brain and searching Bible references for the word broken but all I came up with were warnings about diseases. Gross.

Then I thought about how it's Easter weekend and Jesus and the Disciples' last supper, and how He told them to break the bread. Ah, yes. A way to tie in the coming holiday and give this a moral lesson. But alas, I have no lesson to teach. Just a reminder that God loves us and sent His Son to die for us, and the hope that comes with knowing that Jesus rose again.

And that is enough :)

Click here for more posts on Broken and click the button below to find out how Five Minute Fridays started and how you can join in the unedited fun! Have a wonderful Easter weekend!
Five Minute Friday

Check out my photo from two years ago: Easter Morning

6 comments:

  1. I like it Sarah! It doesn't have to have a lesson each time. The reminder is good and the hope is awesome!! :)
    Blessings,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your honesty, Sarah. Great post, as usual. This one would be hard, because the word does have so many meanings. :) And it isn't cheating when you read others' posts to gain understanding. Keep up the great work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes rambling out our thoughts leads to wonderful truths like "a reminder that God loves us and sent His Son to die for us, and the hope that comes with knowing that Jesus rose again." Beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete